April 2-6, 2018, Valhalla, NY
NDT Early Bird Special
This one-week workshop is open to licensed physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech therapists working primarily with children who have developmental disabilities. NDT certification is not required.
Blythedale Children’s Hospital is recognized by NYS ED as an approved provider for continuing education in the areas of Physical Therapy, and we have applied for 33 contact hours for this course.
Instructional methods will include lectures, audiovisuals (slides, videos), daily labs/practicums and treatment demonstrations.
Date & Time: Monday through Friday, April 2-6, 2018, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
One hour each day will be set aside for lunch, and coffee breaks will be provided.
Location: Blythedale Children’s Hospital, Valhalla, NY
Course Size: 30 Participants
Participants should bring shorts and/or leotards for mat work; room tends to be cool, so dress warm; bring an orange or green gymnastic ball.
The participants shall:
- Gain an understanding of the intricate, subtle components of normal and abnormal motor development and their interplay.
- Learn to recognize compensations and deviations from normal development.
- Practice methods of facilitating desired movement while inhibiting undesired motor activity.
- Gain an awareness of the principles of assessment and treatment used in NDT and the appropriate application of these principles.
- Observe and critically analyze demonstrations of patient assessment, treatment techniques and sequences.
- Apply the principles of NDT and handling techniques with their current patient population.
Instructor: Lois Bly, MA, PT.
Cost: Early Bird Special $850 Deadline 3/1/18
Fee after deadline: $1,200.00
This fee includes Lois Bly’s publication of “Components and Atypical Motor Development.”
Participants are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the book “Facilitation Techniques Based on NDT Principles” by Lois Bly and Allison Whiteside.
Contact: Ms. Rae Krauss, (914) 592-7555, Ext.71575 or e-mail at Raek@blythedale.org – Credit Cards Accepted
No refunds issued if canceled after 3/26/18